272 Sri Lankans stranded in Australia return
Posted in Local News
272 persons who were stranded in Australia due to travel restrictions imposed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, arrived in the country this morning (10).
Accordingly, a SriLankan Airlines charter flight carrying a group of Sri Lankans from Australia has landed at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) this morning.
A majority of those who arrived at the Bandaranaike International Airport were Lankans pursuing education in Australia.
They have been directed to quarantine facilities upon their return as per the directives of the health authorities.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023