Gazette on returning normalcy to be issued today
The Extraordinary Gazette Notification pertaining to returning normalcy in day to day life in the Western Province and in the Puttalam District will be issued today undersigned by Minister of Health Pavithra Wanniarachchi.
Director General of Health Services Dr. Anil Jasinghe said the Gazette will be issued in accordance with regulations of the Quarantine and Prevention of Diseases Ordinance.
Conditions related to the operations of public transportation, food supplies, education and service provisions will be detailed.
Island wide curfew, currently in place, will be lifted at 5am tomorrow in 21 districts.
The government is implementing steps to return normalcy from tomorrow while curfew is in place in the Western Province and in the Puttalam District.
The National Identity Card system introduced by the government in order to leave homes for essential purposes while curfew is in place also comes into effect from tomorrow.
Regulations pertaining to travelling between districts will also be determined via the Gazette.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023
- Suminda Sirisena passes away December 4, 2023