Airline removes nuts after President’s disclosure
Sri Lanka’s national airline said Wednesday (Sept 12) it has stopped serving cashews after the country’s President flew into a rage over nuts served to him on a flight to Colombo.
“Returning from Kathmandu, I was served some cashews on board a SriLankan flight, but it was so bad even a dog wouldn’t eat it,” Maithripala Sirisena said on Monday.
“I want to know who authorised the purchase of these nuts,” the President told a meeting of farmers. An airline spokesman said it has responded by clearing its stock of cashews-only served in business class – and would change its Dubai-based supplier
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023