Basil Rajapaksa arrested
Posted in Local News
Former Minister of Economic Development and UPFA MP Basil Rajapaksa has been arrested a short while ago over allegations of financial fraud, sources said.
He went onto note that the B report is being compiled by the police adding that the former minister is due to be produced before the Kaduwela Magistrate along with two other persons.
Basil Rajapaksa appeared before the Financial Crimes Division on Wednesday (April 22nd) morning to provide a statement.
Ex- Minister was questioned by the Police Financial Crimes Investigation Division (FCID) for over 10 hours today (22).
Basil Rajapaksa left the country soon after the presidential elections held in January and returned to the country on Tuesday (April 21st).
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka hasn’t lived up to even 1% of expectations in IPL – Virender Sehwag May 26, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 26, 2023