Be cautious of strong winds – Met. Department
The Met. Department warns the general public be vigilant about possible strong winds within next 24-hours with effective from 5.30 a.m. today.
It says that several spells of showers will occur in the Western, Sabaragamuwa and Central provinces and in the Galle and Matara districts. Showers may spread to the North-Western province too.
Thundershowers will develop at a few places in the Uva and Eastern provinces during the afternoon or evening. General public is kindly requested to take adequate precautions to minimize the damages caused by lightning activities.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023