Board of Directors of People’s, BOC and BOI dissolved
Posted in Local News
The Boards of Directors of the People’s Bank, Bank of Ceylon (BOC) and Board of Investment (BoI) have been dissolved by President Maithripala Sirisena with effect from last night.
A senior officer attached to the Presidential Secretariat confirmed the respective bodies have been informed the decision.
Reports claim irregularities had taken place in the respective institutions in the recent past, which led to this decision. The Director General of the BOI resigned last night.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023