Board of Directors of People’s, BOC and BOI dissolved
The Boards of Directors of the People’s Bank, Bank of Ceylon (BOC) and Board of Investment (BoI) have been dissolved by President Maithripala Sirisena with effect from last night.
A senior officer attached to the Presidential Secretariat confirmed the respective bodies have been informed the decision.
Reports claim irregularities had taken place in the respective institutions in the recent past, which led to this decision. The Director General of the BOI resigned last night.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023