Sri Lanka President Sirisena and Indian Prime Minister Modi held a telephone conversation
President Maithripala Sirisena and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a telephone conversation last evening (Oct 17). Two leaders held a very cordial discussion, during which the developmental activities in Sri Lanka were discussed. Premier Modi assured the President that India would always provide every assistance to Sri Lanka’s progress and prosperity.
The Prime Minister said that the close friendship and cordiality would continue to be strong and expressed appreciation over President Sirisena’s efforts to maintain close relations with neighbours as well as other countries.
President Sirisena thanked Prime Minister Modi for India’s continuous support to Sri Lanka’s development and progress.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023