Buddhist monk murdered in Bakamuna
Posted in Local News
The Chief Incumbent of a Buddhist temple in the Weeraheeratiya area in Bakamuna has been assaulted and murdered by a group of individuals last night, police said.
Preliminary inquiries have revealed that the 54-year-old Buddhist monk was murdered over a personal dispute, the Police Spokesman’s Office said.
A special police team has been assigned to carry out investigations and arrest the suspects, it said.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
wen a monk gets assaulted and then murdered by a group then it becomes personal ….of all the places in an obscure place like Bakamuna pop of about 250 families of which how many muslims live in the area
is this designed to contain the Buddhist anger