CCPI based inflation drops to 66% in October
The overall rate of inflation as measured by the Colombo Consumer Price Index (CCPI) on Year-on-Year basis has decreased to 66% in October 2022 from 69.8% in September 2022, according to the Department of Census and Statistics.
Meanwhile food inflation has also decreased to 85.6% in October from 94.9% in September, the department reported.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023