Price of bread and other bakery products reduced
The price of a 450-gram loaf of bread will be reduced by Rs. 10 with effect from midnight today (October 31), according to the All Ceylon Bakery Owners’ Association.
Meanwhile, the association said that the price of other bakery products will also be slashed by Rs. 10.
Since June 2022, the prices have increased and a loaf of bread weighing 450g was even sold for Rs. 300/-.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023