China donates motorcycles and computers to Sri Lanka Police Department
The People’s Republic of China officially handed over 26 RANOMOTO motorcycles and 100 LENOVO desktop computers to the Sri Lanka Police Department in a ceremony at the Presidential Secretariat on Friday (November 10).
Based on a request made by the Inspector General of Police (IGP) C.D. Wickramaratne Mr. Sagala Ratnayake, the President’s Senior Adviser on National Security and the President’s Chief of Staff had coordinated with the Ambassador to China, Mr. Qi Zhenhong, aimed at enhancing the operational capabilities of the Sri Lanka Police Department.
The official handover of related documents took place as the Chinese Ambassador of China to Sri Lanka Qi Zhenhong presented the goods to Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe.
The ceremony was attended by a group of senior officials from the Chinese Embassy, IGP C.D. Wickramaratne, SDIG Nilantha Jayawardena and other high-ranking officers from the Police Department.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023