Chinese State Councilor Shen Yiqin arrives in Sri Lanka
A Chinese delegation including State Councilor Shen Yiqin arrived in Sri Lanka on an official visit on Saturday (November 18).
Shen will visit Sri Lanka from November 18 to 21 at the invitation of the Sri Lankan government.
Sports Minister Roshan Ranasinghe welcomed her at the Bandaranaike International Airport on her arrival. State Minister Tharaka Balasooriya and Chinese Ambassador to Sri Lanka Qi Zhenhong were also present.
The Chinese Foreign Ministry announced that Shen will engage in discussions with top government officials.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka issues its first digitized national birth certificate December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023