Coal tender awarded on 25 August, cancelled – Energy Minister
On the request of the Ministry of Power and Energy, the Cabinet of Ministers on Thursday (September 23) decided to cancel the Coal Tender that was awarded on August 25.
In a Tweet, the Minister of Power and Energy Kanchana Wijesekera said that the selected supplier has communicated the inability to perform the tender, citing concerns on the impact on legal cases filed and payment guarantee risk.
The Minister further said the Lanka Coal Company will publish a new International Open Competitive Tender that will allow any suitable supplier that has the ability to provide Coal on a long-term credit basis.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023