Coal tender awarded on 25 August, cancelled – Energy Minister
Posted in Local News
On the request of the Ministry of Power and Energy, the Cabinet of Ministers on Thursday (September 23) decided to cancel the Coal Tender that was awarded on August 25.
In a Tweet, the Minister of Power and Energy Kanchana Wijesekera said that the selected supplier has communicated the inability to perform the tender, citing concerns on the impact on legal cases filed and payment guarantee risk.
The Minister further said the Lanka Coal Company will publish a new International Open Competitive Tender that will allow any suitable supplier that has the ability to provide Coal on a long-term credit basis.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023