Court warns Vass Gunawardena’s wife
The Colombo Additional Magistrate today warned former Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Vass Gunawardena’s wife Shyamali Perera not to threaten witnesses of the businessman murder case, Ada Derana reporter said.
She was ordered to appear before court for allegedly threatening and intimidating witnesses.
Her husband, Vass Gunawardena is an accused in the abduction and murder of Bambalapitiya-based businessman Mohamed Siyam which took place in the Dompe area on May 22.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023