Defense Secretary resigns
Defense Secretary Hemasiri Fernando has resigned from his position.
President Maithripala Sirisena requested the Defense Secretary Hemasiri Fernando and the Inspector General of Police (IGP) to submit their resignations, yesterday (24).
Defence Secretary Fernando came under fire with regard to a statement he made over the terror attacks and the way he handled the situation.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023