Driver killed on Expressway not wearing seatbelt
Posted in Local News
One person was killed following an accident on the Southern Expressway last night.
A cab traveling from Galle to Kottawa had toppled near the Dodamgoda entry point at around 10.45pm yesterday, police spokesman SP Ajith Rohana said.
The driver was reportedly thrown out of the vehicle and was killed instantaneously after being crushed by the toppling cab.
Police say that the driver was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the accident.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
Poor man,He had to sacrifice his life to teach others a good lesson- FASTEN YOUR BELT BEFORE YOU START YOUR ENGINE.