Duminda Silva arrested
Former MP Duminda Silva, who was admitted to the Sri Jayewardenepura Hospital this morning (June 01), was arrested by the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) a short while ago.
He was serving as the Chairman of the Housing Development Authority.
The Supreme Court yesterday issued an interim order suspending the special presidential pardon granted to the former parliamentarian while he was serving a death sentence.
Accordingly, the country’s top court had ordered the CID to arrest Mr. Duminda Silva.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023