Duminda Silva arrested
Posted in Local News
Former MP Duminda Silva, who was admitted to the Sri Jayewardenepura Hospital this morning (June 01), was arrested by the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) a short while ago.
He was serving as the Chairman of the Housing Development Authority.
The Supreme Court yesterday issued an interim order suspending the special presidential pardon granted to the former parliamentarian while he was serving a death sentence.
Accordingly, the country’s top court had ordered the CID to arrest Mr. Duminda Silva.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023