Elections Commission chairman talks about presidential poll
A presidential election will be held between the 9th of November to 9th of December, says the Chairman of the Elections Commission Mahinda Deshapriya.
Participating in a television programme he stated that President, Prime Minister and Speaker have been informed of this.
He further stated that if the presidential poll will be postponed due to the Easter Sunday attack its a more severe crime than attacking people.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023