Final Goodbye !
Posted in Local News
Outgoing President Mahinda Rajapaksa bids staff and MPs goodbye as he vacates Presidential Secretariat and Temple Trees.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
Not going to be surprised, the very people who dumped him going to find the nepotism, corruption and all the bad things they accused MR are better than relatives coming in body bags and tera bombs going off in Colombo, and wishing he would be back!
May or May not be. 18 months should be enough to see where things are heading
He´s a one of great president ever had in Sri lanka,Unfortunity he loss because main reason Bodu balaa sena.
Abdul has started here already something…. Let see if more things are on the way…
BBS is the main reason to this unbearable defeat.minorities could make revolutions.this is a great lesson for all .
President Mahinda Rajapaksa is the greatest leader our Republic has ever had since independence in 1948. He was instrumental in changing our destiny; he took on the most feared terrorists this World has ever had and ensured the safety of all citizens of our land.
President Mahinda Rajapaksa will be remembered for decades to come and will go down the annals of history as the leader who made the most impact on our Nation.
We will cherish sweet memories of his tenure; we will cherish the moment he kissed our earth on 9th May 2009. We will cherish the moment he departed from office with grace and dignity on 9th Jan 2015.
President Mahinda Rajapaksa and his family are now entitled to their privacy as private citizens of our country. The media and commentators should respect that privacy to assist them get on with their lives.
Common Mr Abdul
Nothing to do with BBS.Corruption was the main course of defeat.
Mr.PRESIDENT Sir, Now get onto your job right away. As you say in your manifesto the Govt. service heavily loaded.Chop off about 60% of them including the latest recruits.As the postal voting indicates many of them were ungrateful.One more thing Mr. President. Please whisper a word of admonition to your white capped fraternity not to dance in the streets accusing the ‘bodu bala sena’and arouse the wrath of the Buddhists. After all ‘bodu bala sena’ sprang into action because of the imposition of halal tax on more than 90% of the population.