Ajith Nivard Cabraal resigns
Posted in Local News
Central Bank Governor Ajith Nivard Cabraal speaking to the Daily Mirror a short while ago said he submitted his resignation from the post of Central Bank Governor.
Cabraal was chief economic advisor to Mahinda Rajapaksa during the latter’s term as prime minister, contributing to his manifesto (Mahinda Chintana).In 2005, Cabraal resigned from all his private positions to work full time for the government.
“I submitted my resignation a short while ago to pave the way for the new President to appoint a person of his choice,” he said.
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
Hey come man, with out any reason we wont let u go.once upon a time there were fools in this island but u cannot fool the sl people any more.that been proved by bravers in this elections.
We wont let u go, u r frozen.
so you are leaving eh
thanks for all the beautiful central bank records you kept showing us
wish you all the best for a tremendous future
May god shower his blessings on you
This man done worse to our country than MR in the name of economy. Bogus inflation, GDP growth figures were released as he and his masters wanted loans.