Fishermen issue: official to visit Colombo
India will soon send a senior official to Sri Lanka to hold talks on the regular occurrence of action against Tamil Nadu fishermen by the authorities there.
“This cannot go on; we have to come to a firm understanding with the government of Sri Lanka. Our Joint Secretary would go to Sri Lanka and prepare [the] ground [for it],” External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna told journalists on Monday.
He was responding to a question on the arrest and release of 14 fishermen from Tamil Nadu on Monday.
Courtesy: The Hindu
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023