Five more Lankan fishermen arrested
Posted in Local News
Indian Marine police Saturday arrested five Sri Lankan fishermen and seized one boat from them while patrolling in the Bay of Bengal at Kakinada.
According to marine sub-inspector Jagannadha Rao, the fishermen were arrested when they were fishing in the Indian waters.
Earlier, on May 7, the Indian Coast Guard arrested 31 Sri Lankan fishermen and seized six boats with four metric tonne of fish in the sea waters at Nagayalanka.
The seized fish will be auctioned Monday in Kakinada. – ENS
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023