Four disabled war heroes promoted as Major Generals
Five Brigadiers of the Sri Lanka Army had been promoted to the rank of Major General while 25 Lieutenant Colonels had been promoted to the rank of Colonel by President Maithripala Sirisena.
Army Spokesman Sumith Atapattu said four Brigadiers among the five, D.J.I.P. Gamage, H.R Wickremasinghe, J.R. Ambemohotti and W.H.M. Manatunga had sustained serious injuries during the war and are either paralysed or disabled.
They were promoted to the Major General rank with effect from August 16 while Brigadier D.A.P.N. Dematanpitiya was promoted to the Major General rank with effect from August 18.
The Lieutenant Colonels were promoted to the rank of Colonel with effect from June 20.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Darshana Sanjeewa)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023