Future generation to equip with professional & technical knowledge – President
President Maithripala Sirisena said the Government is taking steps to provide ample resources and the requisite guidance in building the future generation of our country as human resources equipped with high professional and technical knowledge.
He made these remarks participating at a ceremony to vest the newly built Sri Jinarathana Vocational and Higher Education Training Institute in Hikkaduwa, Seenigama with the students, yesterday (14).
The new Training Institute vested with the students to mark the birthday of the Chief Incumbent of the Hunupitiya Gangarama Temple in Colombo, Venerable Galaboda Gnanissara Thero.
Expressing his views further the President said that the main problem today is our country lacks qualified persons for the existing jobs and it is not a case of shortage of jobs.
The President pointed out that even thought large number of job opportunities is available at the State as well as Private sectors, the lack of skilled workers with the necessary technical knowledge, is a huge issue that we face. He further said that we should build skilled workforce who has modern technical knowledge to cope with the new job opportunities emerge with innovative economy.
President Sirisena appreciated the broad social service rendered by Venerable Galaboda Gnanissara Thero, centering the Hunupitiya Gangarama Temple in Colombo, for the development of vocational training of the children in our country. He also said that this Vocational Training Institute will provide immense strength to not only to the youths in the area, but also to the economy of the country.
The Maha Sangha including Ven. Akuratiye Nanda Nayaka Thero, Ministers and MPs including Prime Minister Ranil Wickremasinghe and many others participated at this event.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023