Gazette issued banning NTJ, two other organisations
An extraordinary gazette had been issued by the President yesterday proscribing three organisations including the National Thowheeth Jama’ath (NTJ).
Accordingly, The National Thowheed Jamath (NTJ), Jammiyathul Millathu Ibrahim (JMI) and Willayath As Seylani have been banned.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023