Government has imposed taxes on all commodities – Mahinda Rajapaksa
Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa says that the current government has no other option other than to impose taxes and that it has imposed taxes on all commodities.
He stated this to the media, joining a religious event held at Ihala Biyanvila Sri Somawardhana Viharaya in Kadawatha.
Increasing the import tax on small cars is not a strange thing when the government imposed a tax on temple donation boxes, said the former President.
He added that the government might be able to control the public but not the Maha Sangha.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Keheliya Rambukwella further remanded until March 14, 2024 February 29, 2024
- Supreme Court invalidates Cabinet decision granting Paget road residence to Maithripala Sirisena February 29, 2024
- Nagananda Kodituwakku barred from practicing as Attorney-at-Law February 29, 2024
- Sri Lanka President highlights country’s Indian ocean security commitment at Pathfinder Conference February 29, 2024
- 36 persons injured in a bus accident in Monaragala February 29, 2024