Government medical officers to launch a strike
Government Medical Officers Association (GMOA) announces that a strike will be launched island wide on the 22nd based one several demands.
“The strike will be staged with regard to several issues, mainly over the failure to legalise the minimum standards of medical education and amending of the service minute for doctors,” addressing a news briefing, Dr Aluthge said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023