Government to waive flight landing and parking fees
The Cabinet of Ministers has granted approval to waive landing and parking fees from international flight operators in order to encourage airlines to operate flights to Sri Lanka.
Accordingly, landing and parking fees will be waived from the 26th of December till the 19th of January in 2021.
The relevant proposal was tabled by Minister of Tourism Prasanna Ranatunga as the international aviation sector is currently facing a crisis.
Sri Lanka will reopen its airports from December 26, 2020, to January 19, 2021, as a pilot project in the plans to open the airports on the island for foreign tourists.
Accordingly, international airlines will operate according to specific schedules prepared by the Ministry of Tourism and the Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka.
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
Very good move. Keep it that way. It is better to loose 100 Rs. if it opens the door to earn 500Rs by incraesed tourism and airlines starting to use SL as a hub.