Government to waive flight landing and parking fees
The Cabinet of Ministers has granted approval to waive landing and parking fees from international flight operators in order to encourage airlines to operate flights to Sri Lanka.
Accordingly, landing and parking fees will be waived from the 26th of December till the 19th of January in 2021.
The relevant proposal was tabled by Minister of Tourism Prasanna Ranatunga as the international aviation sector is currently facing a crisis.
Sri Lanka will reopen its airports from December 26, 2020, to January 19, 2021, as a pilot project in the plans to open the airports on the island for foreign tourists.
Accordingly, international airlines will operate according to specific schedules prepared by the Ministry of Tourism and the Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023