Government will seek assistance from IMF for Central Bank reform – Harsha
Deputy Minister of National Policies and Economic Affairs Harsha De Silva stated that the government will seek assistance from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to reform the Central Bank in accordance with the recommendations made by the Bond Commission.
The Presidential Commission of Inquiry on the Issuance of Central Bank Treasury Bonds made a recommendation to reform and restructure the Central Bank to prevent large scale fraud and other fiscal crimes.
Speaking at an event in Nugegoda, Deputy Minister Harsha De Silva stated that the government will seek assistance from the IMF to gain international perspective on the matter.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023