Hotline for Complaints on Fuel Prices
Addressing the Cabinet Press Briefing held a short while ago, Minister of Power and Energy Patali Champika Ranawaka requested the public to forward any complaints if fuel stations refuses to pump fuel at the new prices or if they charge higher prices for fuel to the following telephone numbers:
Hotline: 0115234234 – .Munaf (in Sinhala or Tamil)
Telephone Nos: 0115455139 – Ms.Upeksha
0115455251 – Prabath
0115455254 – Uditha
Fax Nos: 0115455431 / 411
The Minister further said that under the 100 day program of President Maithripala Sirisena, an immediate reducing of fuel prices were effected to give some relief to the public. The government through this reduction has incurred a loss in revenue amounting to Rs.65 billion.
Also a price revision formula for LP Gas and electricity is also in the offing and would be made public soon, he added.
Responding to a question raised by a journalist, the Minister said that the Transport Ministry will introduce a formula to reduce transport charges parallel to reduction in fuel prices.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023
- Suminda Sirisena passes away December 4, 2023