I will act as an independent MP – Kumara Welgama
Posted in Local News
MP Kumara Welgama states that although he will support Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa in proving majority, he will act as an independent MP in the parliament.
He points out that the country is facing a severe crisis due to the existing critical situation.
He mentioned this to the media commenting on his stand on the situation.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
This is a man who has his ear to the ground.
He has a definite sense of oncoming tremors.
He made a speech a month ago which killed the Presidential ambitions of a US citizen.
What he says now is eerily right.
It was shameful of MR to have accepted appointment from a cut-throat.
The chances of the blues losing a parliamentary election are >50%.