Indian assistance for 1,200 houses in Hambantota
India and Sri Lanka signed two Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) yesterday to build 1,200 houses through 50 model villages, using Indian grant assistance of 600 million Sri Lankan rupees. The MoUs were signed by India’s High Commissioner Taranjit Singh Sandhu and Housing and Construction Ministry Secretary Bernard Vasantha in the presence of Minister Sajith Premadasa.
The signing took place during a special ceremony held in Hambantota for vesting to the beneficiaries the Sathsurugama model village completed under the Grama Shakti Model Village Housing Project at which High Commissioner participated as a Special Guest along with Minister Premadasa.
With this, India’s collaboration with the Ministry of Housing and Construction under the Model Villages Housing Programme stands at 2,400 houses in 100 model villages, the High Commission said in a statement.
(Source: The Sunday Times)
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
This very good Chinese harbour and Indian Houses…Mattala………now no wild animals.
This shows how poor we are.
This shows how we came down from the history of kingdoms.
This shows the incapability of managing the country by any of those leaders in past 4 decades.
This shows that we became stupids in front of the whole world.
Dear Lankan’s please open your eyes, raise your voice to send the government home.