Indian fishermen: New Tamil Nadu CM writes to Modi
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister O. Panneerselvam Wednesday expressed concern over Sri Lanka arresting Indian fishermen in snag-hit boats and urged Delhi to discuss it with the island nation, New Indian Express reports.
In a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the text of which was released to the media, Panneerselvam said: “This new trend of apprehending fishermen in boats that develop mechanical snag by the Sri Lankan Navy is a matter of concern for my government.”
“An immediate intervention at the highest level is sought to arrest this new trend.”
He said the Sri Lankan Navy arrested four Indian fishermen Oct 6 as their boat, after developing a snag, drifted to Delft Island belonging to Sri Lanka.
Panneerselvam requested Modi to instruct the ministry concerned to take urgent steps to secure the immediate release of 24 fishermen languishing in Sri Lankan jails and also 75 boats confiscated by the island nation.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
he is another poppet of jail lalitha.like idol man sing to sonia.