Inter University Students’ Federation protesters tear gassed
Posted in Local News
The police fired tear gas on students of the Inter University Students’ Federation (IUSF) who were protesting near the Technical College Junction in Maradana this evening (August 30).
Earlier, the Technical College Junction in Maradana was completely blocked and vehicular movement in the area was disrupted by the protest march.
Meanwhile, several protestors have been placed under arrest.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
What a pity, for hours I have been looking forward to read the US ambassador’s latest statement emphasising the importance of right to protest over all other problems in Sri Lanka, but still nothing!
She’s been given a lecture on freedom to protest vs terrorism (toppling democratically elected Govt’s) by the Exec P.