Interim order preventing action against Gota
The Court of Appeal today issued an interim order till December 6, preventing the FCID from taking action against former defence secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa based on the Public Property Act.
Mr. Rajapaksa last Friday filed a Writ petition seeking the Court to quash a report filed under Offences against the Public Property Act.
In his application, he cited IGP Pujith Jayasundara, CID Director Shani Abeysekera, FCID DIG Ravi Waidyalankara, ASP Kamal Paliakara and the Attorney General as respondents.
He also sought Court to prevent the respondents from proceeding with the report filed against him.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By S.S.Selvanayagam)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023