Weather: Heavy rains, gusty winds as deep depression begins to move away
Department of Meteorology in Sri Lanka states that the depression that occurred in the South-west of Sri Lanka has developed into a deep depression.
It is now located 200 km away from Colombo and is expected to develop further and move to the Arabian Sea area.
According to the Met Department, heavy rains and gusty winds, of about 60-70 kmph, is to be expected over the country.
Furthermore, heavy rains, strong winds and rough seas can be expected in the deep and shallow sea areas around the country..
The Met Department states that showers or thunderstorms will occur in most parts of the country, and very heavy falls about 100-150 mm. can be expected at some places in Southern, Sabaragamuwa, Central Western and Uva provinces.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023