IUSF Convener and 8 others released on bail
Nine persons including the Inter University Students Federation (IUSF) Convener, Sanjeewa Bandara, who were arrested for disregarding police orders and organizing a demonstration, have been released on bail today.
They were ordered released by the Gangodawila Magistrate’s Court on a personal bail of Rs 50,000 each.
Bandara was arrested on July 08 for organizing a student protest on June 26 while ignoring orders issued by the police.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023