Sajith, Karu removed from list of speakers
Opposition and United National Party (UNP) Leader, Ranil Wickremesinghe, has removed UNP Members of Parliament, Sajith Premadasa and Karu Jayasuriya off the list of speakers, who are listed to address election meetings in the North-Western and Central Provinces.
UNP General Secretary, Tissa Attanayake, revealed the UNP electoral organizers have been notified of this change and that there would be dire consequences, if instructions are not adhered to.
The Opposition Leader has further instructed that John Amaratunga, Joseph Michael Perera and Ajith Perera be listed as key speakers during the election campaigns.
(Courtesy: Ceylon Today)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023