Jayalalithaa urges PM Modi to take action on release of arrested fishermen
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa on Sunday urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to take immediate action on the release of eight Indian fishermen by the Sri Lankan Navy.
In her letter, she has the Prime Minister to direct the Ministry of External Affairs to take up the matter with the Sri Lankan authorities in a concrete decisive manner, and to secure immediate release of 37 fishermen and 55 boats including eight fishermen and two fishing boats apprehended today.
She has also requested Prime Minister Modi to proactively initiate set of actions that will bring permanent solution to the issue.
The Sri Lankan Navy had detained eight Indian fishermen and seized two boats near Palk Strait in the early hours of morning today.
Jayalalithaa had on Thursday written a letter to Prime Minister Modi and drew his attention towards recurrent arrests of fishermen by the Sri Lankan Navy.
She had said that 50 boats continue to be in Sri Lankan custody for several months now. (ANI)
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
I encourage the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa to urge Prime Minister Narendra Modi to take immediate action on the release and expatriation of 3 million Tamil speaking people living in Sri Lanka back to Tamil Nadu where they belong.
Who named you Kudraj? KudUraj would have been more appropriate. Your writing style resembles that of another phoney Ganjapani Gorakapola who I understand from my Ausie Srilankan friends lives in a leafy prosperous suburb of Sydney driving around in a flashy BMW wearing designer cloths not to mention T shirts with his company logo! Apparently as pass time he keeps news starved onlanka readers entertained with his witty intelligent scribes. The octanarian AUJ and patriotic Nicholas Dias simply love him. My guess is you Kudraj and Ganja are nothing but one and the same! Own up Kudu.