JHU will not take legal action against Prime Minister – Champika
The Jathika Hela Urumaya (JHU) will not take legal action against Prime Minister D.M. Jayaratne, Minister of Technology, Research and Atomic Energy Patali Champika Ranawaka stated.
Speaking at a press conference held today (February 19), the Minister stated that despite continuous claims by the JHU that legal action will be taken against the Prime Minister, after comments by Jayaratne had been considered offensive towards the JHU Leader Omalpe Sobitha Thero, the decision was overturned.
He further claimed that the decision was reconsidered after the JHU leader had been advised by the Maha Nayaka of the Ramanya Maha Nikaya not to clash with the Prime Minister.
(Courtesy : Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023