Kamal Gunaratne appointed new Defence Secretary
Posted in Local News
Major General (retired) Kamal Gunaratne was appointed as the Secretary to the Defence Ministry by President Gotabaya Rajapaksa today.
Delivering a speech after taking oath as President of Sri Lanka yesterday, Rajapaksa had stated that he will hold the portfolio of Minister of Defence in addition to being the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
Prez Gota, this is a great choice!
MG KG is one of our brave Ranaviru leaders (just as we have quite a few others) and we are blessed to have his service now, once again, in the protection of our Motherland. One thing, however, MG KG needs to think carefully and act is the awareness that in essence the “war” with vile Tamil separatist terrorists is not over. That’s because in the west (mainly) there is still a well-oiled machine of these vile communal minded racists who are determined to get their separatist state only for “we Tamils,” while over 55% of Tamils today live happily among the majority Sinhelas, in Sinhela dominated areas. In this sense, he is wise to NEVER EVER commend the LTTE, for whatever reason, as that gives fuel for those overseas racists to stay galvanized to hurt our Motherland. I once saw an interview of MG KG where he started talking about the ‘admirable’ qualities of the LTTE whereby he was referring to the discipline of LTTE cadres where it was required that they follow a certain code-of-conduct and by most accounts, they did so! However, this is like the Devil telling his devil minions that, for instance, his code-of-conduct dictates that once you kill a human, you should first devour a certain part of the anatomy and then the next and so forth and if anyone deviates from this code-of-conduct, I the Devil will be very unhappy and you devil-minion will have to pay a price and thereby, all devil-minions humbly abiding by this decree! Yes, that too is discipline, integrity and consistency, but is that something we decent humans really should admire? I think not! However, that aside, I am delighted and my best wishes to our brave Ranaviru MG KG! Jayawewa Prez Gota, Jayawewa MG KG!