Lankan Embassy in Libya closed, Ambassador recalled
The Sri Lankan embassy in Libyan capital, Tripoli has been temporarily closed due to the present insecure situation in the country. The External Affairs Ministry states that Sri Lanka’s Ambassador to Libya, Sudantha Ganegamaarachchi has also been recalled.
It has been reported that Mr. Ganegamaarachchi had left Libya yesterday (March 21) night.
These precautious measures had been taken as result of the air strikes on Libya by western nations lead by America, said the Ministry while further adding that, Sri Lankans still stranded in the middle eastern nation will be brought back to the island as immediately as possible.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023