UN Chief attacked in Cairo
Supporters of the Libyan government, protesting the UN-sanctioned military operation in the North African country, on Monday attacked UN chief Ban Ki-moon in central Cairo, the Agence France Presse news agency reported.
Hundreds of people threw stones and shouted at Ban as he left the headquarters of the Arab League on his way to Tahrir square, which was the focal point of Egypt’s pro-democracy protests.
The UN leader, who was not hurt due to the attack, was forced to return to the Arab League building and was reported to have left by car from another exit.
Tahrir Square was the focus of a popular uprising that overthrew President Hosni Mubarak last month.
The attack comes just three days after the UN adopted a resolution to impose a no-fly zone and “all necessary measures” against Gaddafi’s forces.
Countries including the United States, Britain and France launched on Monday a second wave of air strikes on the positions of Gaddafi’s forces in a bid to protect civilians caught up in a month-long civil war in Libya.
Courtesy: DM Online
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
UN chief is a cunning rat and he deserves it.
I am with you Manjula
Ban Ki-Moon is from South Korea. He is clearly a puppet of the imperial West. He is in the diaspora pocket also. There is no world body to investigate him for corruption. USA and Britain will happily endorse him another term in office as he is their good ‘yes’ man. He is their athakoluva. With corrupt people like him, and Navi Pillai (an LTTE stooge)in position of importance in UN, no unbiased genuine work around the world will be achieved by UN. Under them, UN has lost its purpose and meaningfulness. UN is today, another world stage for imperial West, through which to achieve their corrupt objectives. Only Russia and China can call for a ‘no confidence’ motion in him and object to another term in office for him.
Fat hopes, Nicholas