Lankan man jailed for molesting shoppers
A Sri Lankan man who was arrested after he was caught on CCTV cameras molesting unaware shoppers in Al Rafaa, Dubai has been sentenced to three months in jail.
The accused, identified as S.D., had been on trial on the charge of molesting a man and a woman while they were checking items at the shop.
The 29-year-old vendor was apprehended on May 30 from the same shop when he returned about one week later. The Court of First Instance also ordered that he be deported after serving his sentence.
The accused, identified as S.D., had been on trial on the charge of molesting a man and a woman while they were checking items at the shop. The Indian shopkeeper, 22, said the accused was a regular customer.
“A customer complained that a man was inappropriately touching people inside the shop. While checking the surveillance cameras, we saw him touching two customers, a man and a woman.” S.D. returned to the same shop about one week later.
“We showed him the video tape. He admitted that he made a mistake and asked for forgiveness. But we called the police,” the shopkeeper told the prosecutor. The prosecution enclosed the video tape provided by the shop as evidence. – Khaleej Times
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023