Presidential Election confirmed
With the presidential election set to be held in January next year, the Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) has decided to immediately launch a 90-day campaign aimed at the poll.
The programme will be spearheaded by SLFP National Organizer, Minister Basil Rajapaksa.
A special session of the party’s cadres will be held to identify any shortcomings in the party organization and organizers and take early action to rectify them.
In addition, it has been decided to appoint five-member committees, comprising senior cadres from each electorate, to man election committees and implement the programme.
Minister Basil Rajapaksa disclosed the campaign programme at an electorate organizers meeting held on Thursday.
He emphasized the need for regular organizers’ meetings once every 20 days. They were also instructed to submit any issues faced by them to the organizers’ meeting to find appropriate solutions.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023