LIONS ARE NO MORE, ONLY OWLS, SAYS DAYASIRI
There is no image of a lion anymore. Why? Because the lion is caged. These notes don’t have lions. It only contains an owl, says Dayasiri Jayasekara.
A public meeting organized by the UNP was held in the Galthenwewa in the Yapahuwa electorate yesterday.
Parliamentarian Dayasiri Jayasekara expressed these views at the occasion.
“They have now printed Rs. 5,000 notes. Previously the image of the lion was evident. But it’s not so now. Now we have to pay Rs. 500, 1000 and 5000 to make purchases. There is no image of a lion anymore. Why? Because the lion is caged. These notes don’t have lions. It only contains an owl,” said Dayasiri Jayasekara, UNP.
Source: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023