Maithri Gunaratne arrested with two shotguns
Secretary of the United National Freedom Front and former UNP provincial councillor Maithri Gunaratne, was arrested by the Kadugannawa police with two shotguns, at Pilimathalawa, Police said.
However, the former UNP provincial councillor was granted bail by the Kandy Magistrate after he produced copies of the licences for the two firearms.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023