‘Makandure Madush’ arrested in Dubai
Notorious Sri Lankan underworld kingpin ‘Makandure Madush’ and 25 suspects have been arrested with narcotics at a hotel in Dubai.
The suspects were reportedly arrested in a joint operations carried out by law enforcement officers from both Sri Lanka and Dubai.
The police noted that the arrested group includes five main-stream drug peddlers. Four of them have already been identified. The arrested individuals include Kanchipani Imran and Keselwatte Dinuka.
A popular Sri Lankan singer is also among the arrested group.
Samarasinghe Arachchige Madush Lakshitha alias Makandure Madush is an underworld gang leader, who has been in hiding abroad for the past couple of years.
He allegedly operates his drug network, extortion rackets and other criminal activities through his accomplices in Sri Lanka.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023