Mervyn stripped of Deputy Minister post, SLFP membership cancelled
President Mahinda Rajapaksa has stripped Mervyn Silva from his deputy minister post and the Sri Lanka Freedom Party has cancelled his party membership, President’s media told a short while ago.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023