Ministry revokes the prohibition on selling liquor to women
Ministry Finance and Mass media yesterday revoked the prohibition on selling liquor to women and employing women in places where liquor is manufactured or sold.
Minister of Finance Mangala Samaraweera signed the Excise notification gazette Extraordinary in this regard under the Excise Ordinance.
Excise Notification No 666 of the Gazette Extraordinary had imposed bar on selling liquor to women and employing women in the liquor related fields.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023